1 of 1
San Francisco, CA - Veteran-owned publishing and multicultural marketing firm Gracefully Global Group LLC announces the launch of a unique new speakers bureau featuring all women military veterans. With uniformed service spanning the years 1978 to 2009, this group of military women authors, entrepreneurs and leadership experts represent three generations of service. They offer important lessons gained globally, intriguing stories of combat and deployment, and fascinating insights not available elsewhere. In addition, these veterans all desire to bring authentic voices and relevant perspectives to the current national conversation about women in the military and to encourage girls and young women to pursue challenging areas of study and careers in technical fields.
These professional speakers are joining forces to bring their training, leadership experiences and powerful storytelling to audiences eager to hear from our nation’s military women. Speaking topics available from this elite group of speakers include effective leadership in global organizations, cross-cultural management of resources, success and timing of life events in demanding and high intensity career fields, the art of prioritization - all transferable lessons to any organization today. In addition, those who have published books with specific areas of expertise speak on a variety of topics such as transitioning from military leadership to business leadership and entrepreneurship, balancing family life and career priorities, youth & women mentorship, multicultural marketing, women & non-traditional careers, green economy careers, wilderness adventures, self-confidence, grief, military sexual trauma, post-traumatic stress and volunteerism. Event planners will delight in the variety offered by this group of multi-faceted women.
The Bureau will expand in the coming year, but presently the core group includes:
· Linda Maloney, Retired Navy aviator, Military Fly Moms [ISBN: 9780978736972], and founder of MMF Media Marketing, LLC
· Sandra Tibbs, Air Force veteran intelligence officer and soon-to-be Dr. Tibbs, founder of Neverest Solutions, LLC
· Karen Baetzel, Retired Navy aviator, featured in Stepping Stones to Success [ISBN: 9781600134739] and founder of BattleAxe Consulting Services, LLC
· Miyoko Hikiji, Army veteran, All I Could Be: My Story as a Woman Warrior in Iraq [ISBN: 9781933909585]
· Graciela Tiscareño-Sato, Air Force veteran aviator, Good Night Captain Mama/ Buenas Noches Capitán Mamá, a bilingual children’s picture book [ISBN: 9780983476030], founder of Gracefully Global Group LLC
· Valerie Ormond, Retired Navy intelligence officer, Believing in Horses [ISBN: 9780973633023]
· Shannon Polson, Army veteran aviator, North of Hope: A Daughter's Arctic Journey [ISBN: 9780310328766]
· Kim Olson, Retired Air Force aviator, Iraq and Back: Inside the War to Win the Peace [ISBN: 9781591145271], Executive Director of Grace After Fire, a non-profit organization providing assistance to women veterans
“The United States military is the one of the greatest human transformational organizations in history – and an extraordinary place for women,” said Karen Baetzel. “As veterans, we bring inspiring messages and share lessons learned of honor, courage, leadership and grace.”
Sandra Tibbs said, “There is so much about effective leadership of men and women that we learn in the military, yet the vast majority of leaders in corporate organizations do not know these lessons. We can bring practical knowledge and experience to leaders and workgroups as individuals contemplate leaning in, leaning out or leaning some other way.”
“One of our most important roles as women and moms is mentorship and passing down a lasting legacy to young women and our youth to reach beyond the boundless ceiling of success,” said Linda Maloney.
“We are stepping out to put real faces and stories behind the phrase ‘women in the military,’ in order to address present day issues in the Armed Forces,” said Miyoko Hikiji. “We also want to write a representative history of the positive contributions women have made and continue to make, as members of our nation’s military. Our experiences, as told in our books, address the skewed views of women service members, while answering the questions of why we volunteered to serve and why, despite the hardships, we’d do it all over again.”
To request these speakers for your conference, association, educational event or corporate training session, please connect with Angel Picon below. Please find short speaker biographies, topics and book info at www.WomenVetsSpeak.com.
The National Women Veterans Speakers Bureau is the first organization of its kind, crafted by women veterans, to showcase the powerful voices of our nation’s servicewomen. These women draw from their military service, entrepreneurial, author and life experiences to train and invigorate team members at every level of your organization. Visit www.WomenVetsSpeak.com and find us on Facebook at Facebook.com/WomenVetsSpeak.